Kari and I have known each other for 16 years .We met at Kohls department store where we both worked. We had a lot of fun working together,sometimes way too much fun, wouldn’t you say, Kari? Although we don’t get together as often as we would like to, we always pick up right where we left off. That’s the kind of friendship we have and I am very lucky to have her in my life. So, enough of the mushy stuff and on with the fun stuff.
As I sat thinking about my list of favorite things, I realized that I don’t really have a lot of specific things that I like but more stores that sell stuff that I love:
1. Nook e-reader sold at Barnes and Noble. It is really cool! You can not only buy books but also magazines (with colored pictures!) and borrow e-books from the library. I want one!!
2. Blackberry Blush Sula perfume oil from Anthropologie. It just smells pretty!! Anthropologie doesn’t sell it anymore but I’m sure someone else still does. I just have to do a little bit of digging.
3. The TV show “Parenthood.” It’s a show about an extended family (the Braverman’s) and all the drama they go through. I know it’s not a new concept but I just enjoy watching it very much. Love the cast and also Zeke and Camille’s home (specially her outdoor dining area at night and garden). When the DVD comes out, I’m getting one!
4.Burrito Bowl from Chipote. YUMM!!
5. Everything they sell at Cost Plus World Market. So much to see!
6. Borders. I love, love books and magazines!
7 . Anthropologie. A lot of unique and cool stuff. A bit pricey but it doesn’t hurt to look,right?
8. Etsy. A lot of unique and cool stuff but a lot more affordable. There are so many talented people out there.
9. Forever 21. Great accessories for next to nothing.
10. Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I enjoy decorating and it’s a great source for decorating ideas.
I can attest to the Blackberry perfume as she got it for me for my birthday this year….it smells soo darn good. I think you can get it at Ulta and Amazon now.
- My Favorite Things-Mike
- My Favorite Things- Mom