In honor of Easter this Sunday, here is a really quick and really inexpensive craft that would be great as decor for your home or even a cute hostess gift as a thank you for that Easter ham dinner.
This idea came from my Two Thrifty Chicks business venture with my friend. I had these wooden crosses that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby last summer and didn’t know what I could use them for, so we came up with this cute idea.
You will need the following items:
– a picture frame (the ones shown here are all from Dollar Tree- 1 buck each)
– some scrapbooking paper (you can use any design but I would match it to your home decor or the decor of the person you are giving it to)
– a wooden cross (made of a thin balsa like wood; you can find these at craft stores everywhere )
– paint for the cross (I used spray paint and craft paint; choose whatever you like best)
–scissors (to cut the paper to size)
Take your scrapbook paper and cut it to fit into your frame. (Just take out the glass and trace it on the paper to make a perfect fit).
Then paint the cross the color of your choice:
*We glued our crosses onto the scrapbook paper but I am sure you can find an even better way to hold it down. *
A cute and easy decoration for Easter or really all year long.
I love the detail of the paper on this one, it looks just like lace. And these aren’t even my most favorite of the batch we made.
Come to think of it, this would make a great confirmation gift, baptism gift ( you could personalize the cross with paint pen!!), minister’s gift, the list goes on and on!
I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything crafty and some of my blog friends have inspired me with spring craft creations so enjoy and I promise I will get my mojo back soon.
- Three Things 4/18/11- Time
- A New Use For An Old Easter Basket