So the following recipe has garnered me a little attention over the past 10 years or so.
I got it from an old neighbor who in turn got it from her mom.
I first had the soup at her house one afternoon while our then toddler daughter’s were playing in the next room and I ended up eating three bowls full.
Three bowls not cups, bowls.
I have made it over the years for friends, football Sundays and for our church bazaar for two years in a row.
It was sold out within an hour- yes it is that good.
Now, I am not taking the credit here because it’s a crock pot recipe.
And we all know that as much as we would like to take all the credit for great dishes that are made in the crock pot, lets be perfectly honest, it is the easiest form of cooking known to man.
So here is my favorite all time recipe and I swear on my yoga pants it really is better than Panera’s.
Better Than Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
1- 8 oz. velveeta, cubed
2- 2 cans cream of celery soup
3- 1 pint 1/2 and 1/2
4- 2- 10 oz. bags of frozen chopped broccoli
Cube the cheese and add to the crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot as well and combine. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
See how easy?!
When I make this, I usually splurge and buy a loaf of Panera sourdough because it tastes so good together.
- 1- 8 oz. velveeta, cubed
- 2- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 3- 1 pint ½ and ½
- 4- 2- 10 oz. bags of frozen chopped broccoli
- Cube your cheese and add that along with everything else to a crock pot. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Workin With What Ya Got- Calendar Frame Turned Tray Turned Grocery List Turned Menu Board
- Flea Market Sunday- Lots of Fun, Loads of Junk & Scads of Great Tips