So normally when I show a recipe on here, it is only four ingredients or less but I had to share this wonderful recipe with all of you because it almost felt wrong to keep it to myself.I originally saw this recipe on Pinterest but what drew my attention to it was that it was a Weight Watchers recipe!
I got all the ingredients it called for but in a rush to create dinner for the four of us and try to get other things done that were more important, I did not use all the ingredients but rather changed it up a bit to make it mine.
In the interest of being all things fair and giving credit where it is due, here is the original recipe.
Now here is my version:
Chile Con Queso Light
- 1- 10 ounce can Rotel
- ½ cup light beer
- 1¾ cups reduced fat shredded cheddar
- 1¼ cups low fat milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or chopped...whatever is easier for you
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. lime juice (I used a whole lime)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Spray a large saucepan with pam spray and set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft (around 4-5 minutes). Add the beer (drink the rest....or give it to your husband like I did) and cook until reduced slightly (a minute or so). Add 1 cup of the milk and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining milk and cornstarch in a small bowl (to make a roux). Add this to the pan and cook, stirring vigorously, until bubbling and thick (around 1-2 more minutes). Reduce heat to low and add the cheese, then cook until it is melted. Stir in the Rotel, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Serve with tortilla chips while the dip is warm.
- Workin’ With What Ya Got- Decorating Your Pad For Fall On The Down Low
- Four Ingredient Recipes- Caramel Apples