I get lots of wild ideas.
Painting tables hot pink.
Wearing white after Labor Day.
Getting a new hair cut six days after giving birth.
But this idea was pretty good even for me.
I wanted to create a holiday table with only Dollar Tree or dollar store items.
In other words- cheap.
Here is what I came up with.....
These galvanized buckets were given to me by my neighbor this summer.
The "joy" ornament is from a package of five from Dollar Tree.
The burlap is from Hobby Lobby and I did absolutely nothing to it. Well, I folded it over. That's it.
The mirror that everything is sitting on I got at a garage sale two years ago for one dollar.
The pine cones are from Dollar Tree as well and that ivory satin ribbon is a remnant of what I used for the burlap wreath my bestie Rebecca made for me earlier this fall.
The table setting is under six bucks for the whole thing!
The white plates?
The chargers I got at Wal Mart after Christmas last year for 30 cents each!
I used a sharpie marker for the burlap runner on the table and wrote JOY by hand.
The branches are courtesy of my snowball bush in my backyard.
I wanted something natural and not so much red and green for my table this year.
I really love how this turned out!!
A simple pine cone as a place holder or to top a napkin on each plate.
Here it is lit up at dusk......
The little churches are ornaments from Wal Mart for $1.97 each.
The small mercury glass looking votive candle holders are from a cute little store called Jeffrey Alans and I got them for 97 cents each! The larger candle holders are from Pottery Barn and were $3.50 each...a little pricier but the cheapest thing you will ever find in that store. :)
This table scape brings me joy just looking at it every day.
Here is the price breakdown:
- branches- free! thanks mother nature. :)
- galvanized buckets- free! thanks to my neighbor Jackie. :)
- JOY ornaments- $1.00 for a package of five at Dollar Tree
- pine cones- $1.00 for a package of up to seven or eight at Dollar Tree
- satin ribbon- left over from a previous project but bought at Wal Mart for 2 bucks for the roll.
- star-like ornaments hanging from the branches- $1.00 each at, where else?? Dollar Tree
- burlap- got it off the roll at Hobby Lobby and paid $6.00 total for it.
- mirror- got at a garage sale two summers ago for $1.00
- little church ornaments- $1.97 each at Wal Mart (on shelves right now!!)
- small mercury glass candle holders- .97 cents each at Jeffrey Alans
- larger mercury glass candle holders- $3.50 each at Pottery Barn (on shelves now!!)
- white plates- $1.00 each at Dollar Tree
- silver chargers- 30 cents each at Wal Mart after Christmas sale last year
Total cost: $ 35.55!!!!
And that wasn't spent all at one time but rather over time so it really cost me next to nothing to create for this project.
I hope you enjoyed this and I also hope it can inspire you to create something cool from items you already have laying around!