How was your weekend or more importantly, how was your Mothers Day?
It was a great weekend here, my parents came up to see our oldest daughter’s soccer game and ended up staying the night.
So we had dinner and a bonfire here:
I have no idea where I got this recipe.
I have made this for the past five or six years and everyone in my little family loves it.
This is great for company as you could make it ahead, refrigerate it then pop it in the oven as guests arrive.
There are four–ish ingredients in this recipe as I have tweaked it here and there but you can tweak it as well to meet your needs.
I take half the jar (if you are using one jar) and in a greased 9×13, spread it evenly on the bottom of the pan. Top the sauce with some garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Then lay the pasta on top of it.
Then the rest of the sauce and more spices.
When I have company, I serve this with a bagged Caesar salad and make my own garlic bread.
So much better than that stuff you buy at the store and so much better for you.For more Four Ingredient Recipes, head over here!
- 1- one package of ziti pasta
- 2- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce ( I use Paul Newman's Marinara)
- 3- one package of shredded mozzarella (I use 2% and it still tasted good)
- 4- ½ package of frozen meatballs ( I used the Wal-Mart brand, nothing but the best for my family)
- 4.5- so here is the "four-ish" part- spices are key. I use garlic powder, oregano and garlic salt as well as salt and pepper. You could also add Parmesan, red pepper flakes and real garlic too to kick up the flavor a notch.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Or be like me who never boils pasta that way and just cook until it looks done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Now here is where your preference comes into play.
- If you like lots and lots of sauce?
- Use two jars.
- Otherwise use one jar.
- I take half the jar (if you are using one jar) and in a greased 9x13, spread it evenly on the bottom of the pan. Top the sauce with some garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Then lay the pasta on top of it.
- Place frozen meatballs on top of the pasta.
- Then the rest of the sauce and more spices.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.
- This is so good and the leftovers?
- Even better.
- I serve this with a salad and bread.
- When I have company, I serve this with a bagged Caesar salad and make my own garlic bread.
- Here is the recipe for that:
- -1 loaf of italian bread
- - stick butter
- - oregano
- -garlic powder
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise.
- Either spray both sides with some spray butter or take the stick butter and spread onto both sides.
- Add oregano and garlic to your taste.
- Put in 350 oven for 15- 25 minutes.
- Rebecca and Kari’s Excellent Adventure or Why it’s Good to Eat at Chipotle
- Welcome Back Kotter End Tables