Well hello y’all!
Why do I say y’all?
I was in Chattanooga all weekend visiting my mom and dad!
We had such a good time and enjoyed every minute of my family and the beautiful scenery.
It was amazing and the people were even more amazing.
It was Ellie’s first airplane ride and she did amazing too!
It was the first time she cried (sobbed really), when leaving her “mamie” and “papa”‘s house and it broke all of our hearts and made us cry a little harder.
As we were taking off, she looked out the window and said softly, “bye bye mamie and papa”.
Big, fat gulp.
I have a little secret.
Until about a year ago, I never liked ribs.
In fact, I didn’t like any kind of BBQ rib or pork.
To me, the existence of Famous Dave’s or Smoky Bones was unthinkable.
How does a restaurant that makes its livelihood on ribs or BBQ pork-like concoctions even keep afloat?
I just hadn’t had the perfect rib yet.
My mama and gramma made ribs growing up and they were indeed yummy.
But to me?
It wasn’t the recipe, it wasn’t the cook, it was me.
Until last year when my friend Rebecca told me about this great rib recipe that is so good it would make even me, the ultimate rib hater swoon.
And swoon I did.
And the best part?
Four-ish Ingredients and easy to make.
Four-Ish Ingredient Lick Your Fingers, Smack Your Lips ‘Cuz It’s All Good Ribs
1- 1 package of pork country ribs (I use five to six ribs for our family of four)
2- 2 bottles of your fave BBQ sauce ( I used two- 99 cent bottles of Open Pit and these were amazing so imagine how good they would be with 10 dollar a bottle sauces? )
3- 1 onion, quartered
4- 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper
Get a large stockpot and put ribs, sauce, onion and spices into the pot.
Add enough water to cover the ribs.
Bring to a boil.
After coming to a boil, boil on medium-high for an hour.
(the original recipe calls for less boil time but when my mom made the recipe the ribs weren’t cooked enough. So an hour is perfect, trust me.)
Then take off heat and transfer to the grill.
Grill on an oiled grill for 20 minutes until brown and crispy outside.
It will be tender inside and caramely and sweet on outside.
It is insane how good these taste.
You will love this so much and it is so easy to make.
And they are that good.
Take that Famous Dave.
Head here for more four ingredient recipes.
Four Ingredient Recipes- Ribs
Author: A Grace Full Life
Recipe type: Meat
The best ribs you will ever eat!
- 1- 1 package of pork country ribs (I use five to six ribs for our family of four)
- 2- 2 bottles of your fave BBQ sauce
- 3- 1 onion, quartered
- 4- 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper
- Get a large stockpot and put ribs, sauce, onion and spices into the pot.
- Add enough water to cover the ribs.
- Bring to a boil.
- After coming to a boil, boil on medium-high for an hour.
- (the original recipe calls for less boil time but when my mom made the recipe the ribs weren't cooked enough. So an hour is perfect, trust me.)
- Then take off heat and transfer to the grill.
- Grill on an oiled grill for 20 minutes until brown and crispy outside.
- Nighty Night-Stand- From Garage Sale Craptastic to Designer Chic
- Working With What Ya Got- How I Became The Coolest Mom On The Block