Joules over at Pocketful of Joules (love her, visit her, can't wait to meet her) asked me what NaBloPoMo stands for.
So I asked my dear friend Jen, ( love her, visit her, can't wait to see her again) what it meant and it stands for National Blog Posting Month.
Almost too easy.
Like I walked right into that one.
I hope she is serious and not pulling me leg. (like the Irish lilt?? Only 41 days til St Paddy's Day! Woop!)
Because I only post honest info on here.
And winning lottery ticket numbers.
Spread the word.
Prompt for today is "tell us about your first crush".
I remember it like it was yesterday.....
No, I don't.
Because it was, like, almost 30 years ago.
Oh . My. Word.
30 years ago???
In addition to the pressure of pounding out a post a day in the most depressing month of the year, I gotta come to the realization that it has been a whole Kirsten Dunst since I first felt butterflies in my tummy over a boy.
Kirsten Dunst is 30???!!!
Here are the det's:
- I was in 7th grade (the most harshest of grades, in my humble opine)
- he moved to town from New York (don't all first crushes??)
- he was, in my 7th grade eyes, beautiful. I am sure I wrote "he is so hotttttttt" in my diary back then
- and I was madly in love with him
So this is how it went down:
- my loud mouthed (said in the most loving way) friends told his equally loud mouthed but obnoxious friends on the playground one day that I liked him
- then his most obnoxious friend (Rob. His name is Rob and to this day I will STILL not friend him on Facebook. Jerk) told him lies about me. Like I was a Menudo fan. LIES, I tell you. LIES
*when I say LIES, I mean TRUTH. Totally obsessed with Menudo in junior high. *
- despite the "LIES", he asked me if I wanted to "go out" with him.
- squeals ensued until I figured out what "going out" meant.
*going out in 1982= holding hands under the lunch table and talking to each other on the playground*
This is the one thing I do completely remember some 30 years later.
The boy who always, always wore jeans and a tee shirt to school, wore black dress pants, dress shoes and a button down shirt to school on the first day of our "going out".
It made my 12 year old heart go pitty pat.
It made the entire 7th grade girls hearts go pitty pat.
Even one of the "popular" girls came up to me and said, " I have never had a boy do that for me".
YOU ARE IN 7th GRADE!!!!
Hence the reason she was popular, I guess.
Anyhoo, it made my naive, 12 year old, never looked at a boy like that because boys were just for playing basketball with or building forts along side heart thump pretty hard.
Of course, the next day he was back to jeans and a tee shirt.
Then after a week, it was over.
I don't remember who broke it off, I think it might have been mutual or maybe I blocked it out over the years.
But I do remember this:
In 12th grade, he was going to ask me to prom.
Atleast that was the rumor going around.
Until he found out I had a boyfriend.
Wouldn't that have been kind of romantic?
To end high school going to prom with my first crush??
Instead, I got to go with my "serious" boyfriend with a mullet.
They ALL had mullets back then.