I get lots of wild ideas.
Painting tables hot pink.
Wearing white after Labor Day.
Getting a new haircut six days after giving birth.
But this idea was pretty wild for even for me.
I wanted to create a holiday table with only Dollar Tree or dollar store items.
In other words- cheap.
Here is what I came up with.
These galvanized buckets were given to me by my neighbor this summer.
The “joy” ornament is from a package of five from Dollar Tree.
The ornaments on the branches?
The burlap is from Hobby Lobby and I did absolutely nothing to it.
Well, I folded it over.
The mirror that everything is sitting on I got at a garage sale two years ago for one dollar.
The pine cones are from Dollar Tree as well and that ivory satin ribbon is a remnant of what I used for the burlap wreath my friend Rebecca made for me earlier this fall.
The table setting is under six bucks for the whole thing.
The white plates?
The chargers I got at a local department store after Christmas last year for 30 cents each.
I used a sharpie marker for the burlap runner on the table and wrote JOY by hand.
I know, you are wooed by my creativity.
The branches are courtesy of my snowball bush in my backyard.
I wanted something natural and less red and green for my table this year.
I really love how this turned out.
A simple pine cone as a placeholder or to top a napkin on each plate.
Here it is lit up at dusk.
The little churches are ornaments from a big box store for $1.97 each.
The small mercury glass looking votive candle holders are from a cute little store called Jeffrey Alans and I got them for only 97 cents each.
The larger candle holders are from Pottery Barn and were $3.50 each…a little pricier but the cheapest thing you will ever find in that store.
This tablescape brings me joy just looking at it every day.
How to get this look:
– branches– Thanks Mother Nature!
– galvanized buckets
– Mine was free thanks to my neighbor but Amazon has amazing ones to choose from.
– JOY ornaments
– $1.00 for a package of five at Dollar Tree or click on the link to head to Amazon.
– pine cones
– These are available seasonally at Dollar Tree.
got it off the roll at Hobby Lobby but I love the runners that are now available and they are much more reasonable than creating your own.
– mirror– got at a garage sale two summers ago for $1.00
– little church ornaments
– $1.97 each at Wal-Mart but they don’t carry them any more. Amazon does, however, so click the link to find them.
– small mercury glass candle holders
– I bought mine years ago when mercury glass was HUGE but the prices were HUGE as well, You can now find packs of six or more on Amazon for amazing prices. This
is my favorite.
– larger mercury glass candle holders– $3.50 each at Pottery Barn
– white plates– $1.00 each at Dollar Tree *they still have these, so get in there now!
– silver chargers
– 30 cents each after Christmas sale last year at Wal-Mart but that was a rare find. I adore these chargers
at Amazon (hurry, they sell out FAST in this style).