I love to eat. I think this comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me.
But I LOVE appetizers. Like, I want to have a long, sordid and steamy threesome with reuben egg rolls, guacamole and queso.
And maybe a little affair on the side with some cheese fries, topped with bacon and sour cream.
I’m sorry, what were we saying?
Appetizers! Yes! So when I find a new recipe for appetizers, I jump all over it like an overweight middle-aged blogger on a plate full of cheese fries with bacon, sour cream and green onions.
Remember those yummy appetizers where you would take a piece of ham, slap some cream cheese on it and roll a fat pickle up in it? Then cut it up in little dainty chunks with toothpicks? I personally cut out the middle man and just eat the damn pickle whole because then I can eat more. ONE versus MANY little ones means I don’t look like a pig. I am pretty sure that is how Richard Simmons got rich.
But since I am on Weight Watchers again I think I could make these healthy. Low fat cream cheese, pickles are like zero points and ham…...oh ham…….how I’ve missed you.
And bacon. Maybe bacon more.
Shh, don’t tell ham.
I made this for the super bowl this year and it was so good. I literally sat by my bowl of dip and ate all evening.
Okay maybe that is a generalization.
I moved on to the wings as well.
- ½ jar of dill pickles (or the whole jar; YOU BE YOU)
- 1 package of ham lunchmeat (or if you are a LB person, 1-2 LBS.)
- 1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- Cut up your dill pickles into bite size chunks. Then dice your ham into bite size pieces. as well. I am so good at writing out recipe directions, aren't I?
- Add all to the bowl and stir until it is blended. Serve with crackers and don't blame me if you end up at a Weight Watchers meeting after eating this.
- Laundry Sucks So Let’s Make a Sign
- Blog Trends That Prove I Will Never Be Cool Enough to Hang with “Real” Bloggers